Like many other natural oils such as olive oil and Shea butter oil, Jamaican Black Castor Oil (by Tropic Isle) is composed of various fatty acids and the important Vitamin C. The oil has been in use for some centuries to treat certain hair ailments.
If you come from the natural hair community, you might have heard about this product. So what is the big deal and all the fuss about? Does Jamaican Black Castor Oil really work? Does this product work for hair growth? Well, the product works and below I’m going tell you how and why.
What is Jamaican Black Castor Oil?
The Jamaican Black Castor Oil (JBCO) is just castor oil mixed with ash. Moreover, the process used to manufacture JBCO is also different from the normal oil. Normal oil or castor oil is roasted, then later in the process the oil is extracted.
The left ash is added to the product JBCO, and this gives the oil the dark murky color. Jamaican Black Castor Oil has many topical uses and is also a natural hair treatment. The product is raw, has more nutrients that thicken and strengthens the hair.
Yeah, the product works for all hair styles and all hair types. The oil moisturizes, thickens and at the same time strengthens and rapidly increases your hair growth. The oil also increases the blood flow to the scalp thus supplying important nutrients to the hair follicles. The JBCO also works very well by preventing hair breakages, dandruff, and eczema.
The product also minimizes dry and itchy scalps. The use of this product has even crossed over to other ethnic groups and still is being used for the same purposes mentioned above. Other new found uses for the product includes eyelashes and eyebrow hair growth. Jamaican Black Castor Oil works and can be utilized as a massage oil as well.
Benefits of Jamaican Black Castor Oil
- Jamaican Black Castor Oil has an antibacterial and anti fungal properties. This ensures that for those with fungus on their scalp, they can apply the oil and it will help deal with this problem.
- The oil is beneficial to the skin as it kills the bacteria in the skin and at the same time will help lessen the wrinkles on your body.
- With its ability to strengthen and increase hair growth, the JBCO can be used to make your eyelashes long and at the same time strong. It can also be used to enrich your eyebrows.
- You can also use the Jamaican Black Castor Oil if your hair is growing slowly. Applying the oil helps you achieve faster hair growth. This is especially if you are experiencing thinning on your edges. Applying the JBCO will help regrow your edges quicker.
- If you are experiencing hair loss and thin hair. Applying the Jamaican Black Castor Oil daily will help replenish your hair. The same is true if you are experiencing hair breakage. The oil helps stop breakage and at the same time will make your hair stronger, thicker and more shiny. While there are no side effects known by using JBCO, always use it with moderation.
- Applying the product also prevents your hair from looking frizzy and at the same time prevents your hair from having split ends.
Is there a specific hairstyle that works better for this product?
The Jamaican Black Castor Oil works for all hair types and textures. However, it works best for those with natural and course hair. If you have course and thick natural hair, Jamaican Black Castor Oil will mesh with your hair very well. JBCO has a strong thickness and will, therefore, penetrate into your hair strands.
This way, it makes your hair soft, shiny and very manageable. The oil gets results for all hair types and all hair styles because the product works on the hair follicles. This is unlike other oils that work on the hair itself.
Jamaican Black Castor Oil is organic
The scientific name for Jamaican Black Castor Oil is Ricinus Communis. The commodity is, therefore, organic and sulfate free. There is, furthermore, nothing to worry about the product damaging your hair. On a side note, the product can be used as a laxative (don’t tell anybody I told you that).
Who can benefit from the commodity?
- If you have dry hair, the commodity will moisturize your hair.
- Even though there is no scientific way to speed up your hair growth, if you are experiencing slow growth, Jamaican Black Castor Oil is for you.
- If you are undergoing hair loss and breakage, Jamaican Black Castor Oil will be good for your hair regrowth. The oil is particularly effective if you are experiencing baldness and hair loss around the temple area.
Tips to use Jamaican Black Castor Oil
For Jamaican Black Castor Oil to work you should follow the following tips to avoid disappointments. Here are the common step by step techniques for using the product.
- Using your fingertips, apply the Jamaican Black Castor Oil to your roots and scalps.
- Ensure that you evenly distribute the oil on your scalp.
- Cover your hair with a plastic cap and the then wrap it over with a towel after the supplication of the oil to your scalp.
- Always ensure that the oils stay in your hair for a minium 15-20 minutes. You can even allow it to stay overnight.
- Wash the hair with shampoo to remove this oil after the period expires.
- Do the above process once a week for about 6-8 weeks to observe positive results.
Total hair care is Key
Using Jamaican Black Castor Oil is just one of the many strategies that you can use to encourage hair growth and overall hair health.
Always eating a healthy diet and taking essential hair nutrients are the key factors that ensures you have longer, thicker and stronger hair. Getting regular sleep and doing regular exercises will also supplement your hair.
Please feel free to share you personal experience using this product or any other thoughts and questions. Thanks.